Missing Tallapoosa Co. man found dead | News
TALLAPOOSA CO. (WSFA) - Tallapoosa County officials located the body of a missing man Thursday afternoon.
Charles Stephen O'rear, 54, of Tallassee disappeared in the early morning hours of November 7. He was last seen on Beulah Road between Highway 50 and Lovelady Road in the Union Community.
Authorities searched for O'rear for days before finding the man's body in a pond. O'rear's vehicle was initially found at the pond, but there was no sign of its owner.
Rescue squad members, with the assistance of K-9s from the North Alabama Search Dog Association, located the body.
A cause of death has not been determined.
Sheriff Jimmy Abbett said the remains have been transported to the Alabama Department of Forensic Science for an autopsy.
©2010 WSFA. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Upcoming Events near Alexander City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade