Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Office investigating Dadeville double murder | Crime
DADEVILLE, AL (WSFA) - The Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Office has announced that it is conducting an investigation into the shooting deaths of two men at a Dadeville residence last week.
Authorities say Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Deputies were notified of several gunshots being fired in the area of the 11000 block of Highway 50 in Dadeville around 10 p.m. on November 20.
Montgomery resident, 44-year-old Derrick Laphonso Wright, was found at a nearby residence suffering from gunshot wounds that resulted in his death. Dadeville residence, 30-year-old Renard Kendale Brooks had also sustained a gunshot wound. He was transferred to UAB Medical Center where he died from his injuries the next day.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Department at 256-825-4264, Secret Witness at 256-827-2035, Tallapoosa County Crime Stoppers at 256-397-0050 or 1-877-254-4730, or your local law enforcement agency.
No additional information is available at this time.
Top Alexander City Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coroner: 7-year-old Opelika student's cause of death still unknown following autopsy
- Welcome Home, Miss America event on Thursday, May 16
- AK-47, 18 bags of drugs found at East Alabama high school
- New Tennis Cener to Open Tuesday at 9 a.m. in Opelika
- ACCS Chancellor announces three finalists for Southern Union presidential position
- Search shifts to recovery mission after man swept away in Tallapoosa River
- Tallassee sexual abuse case remains at 8 victims
- Victim count could rise to 10 in Tallassee child sex abuse case
- Montgomery's Child Protect reacts to horrific Tallassee sex abuse case
- Police say 3-month-old baby among those sexually abused by Tallassee man