Inmate escapes from Alex City community facility | News
ALEXANDER CITY, AL (WSFA)- The Alabama Department of Corrections is confirming that law enforcement is searching for an escaped inmate from the Alexander City Community Based Facility.
On December 6, 2012, at approximately 1:35 p.m., Inmate Joseph Rainey could not be located during an institutional count and subsequent search of the facility. A previous count cleared at 12:35 p.m.
Rainey is 6 ft. tall, weighing 200 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. He is sentenced to a two year term out of Talladega County as a Youthful Offender.
Rainey's sentence date is August 22, 2012, with an expiration of sentence on July 24, 2013.
A possible parole hearing is scheduled December 20, 2012.
If you have information regarding the whereabouts of this individual please contact your local law enforcement agency.
INFORMATION SOURCE: Alabama Department of Corrections
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Alexander City Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Driver of SUV injured after crashing into Opelika home
- Coroner: 7-year-old Opelika student's cause of death still unknown following autopsy
- Welcome Home, Miss America event on Thursday, May 16
- AK-47, 18 bags of drugs found at East Alabama high school
- New Tennis Cener to Open Tuesday at 9 a.m. in Opelika
- Fmr. Tallassee Asst. Police Chief convicted on 'numerous' felony ethics violations
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents