Inmate escapes from Alex City community facility | News
ALEXANDER CITY, AL (WSFA)- The Alabama Department of Corrections is confirming that law enforcement is searching for an escaped inmate from the Alexander City Community Based Facility.
On December 6, 2012, at approximately 1:35 p.m., Inmate Joseph Rainey could not be located during an institutional count and subsequent search of the facility. A previous count cleared at 12:35 p.m.
Rainey is 6 ft. tall, weighing 200 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. He is sentenced to a two year term out of Talladega County as a Youthful Offender.
Rainey's sentence date is August 22, 2012, with an expiration of sentence on July 24, 2013.
A possible parole hearing is scheduled December 20, 2012.
If you have information regarding the whereabouts of this individual please contact your local law enforcement agency.
INFORMATION SOURCE: Alabama Department of Corrections
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Alexander City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade