American Red Cross receives public safety grant | News
The American Red Cross Alabama Region has been awarded a $15,000 grant as part of the Motorola Solutions Foundation’s Public Safety and Security Institute. The Motorola Solutions Foundation is the charitable arm of Motorola Solutions Inc. Through the grant, the Alabama Red Cross will sponsor a high-level disaster training institute for our volunteers in specific job functions, particularly in job specialties where our state needs to build more volunteer depth.
The Motorola Solutions Foundation’s Public Safety Grants aim to support safety education and training programs for first responders, their families and the general public in the United States and Canada.
“During disasters, the Alabama Red Cross relies on volunteers to do everything from basic service delivery to managing the whole operation. We are thankful for this grant from the Motorola Solutions Foundation because it will help ensure that we have a wide spectrum of trained volunteers who are ready to jump in to action as soon as disaster strikes,” said Billy Baxter, Executive Officer for the Alabama Region American Red Cross.
“Motorola Solutions is dedicated to helping people be their best in the moments that matter,” said Matt Blakely, director of the Motorola Solutions Foundation. “Motorola Solutions Foundation aligns itself with this mission by supporting programs like the Red Cross that train people how to respond to potential safety problems or recover from the loss of a first responder. We are proud to see these valuable programs make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work, such as throughout Alabama.”
Through the Public Safety and Security Institute, the Motorola Solutions Foundation serves as an investor, convener and supporter of issues that affect the public safety of communities worldwide, providing leadership in the sector to drive innovation and grow and engage the network of those interested in these issues.
The Motorola Solutions Foundation provides grants around the world with an emphasis on programming in communities where Motorola Solutions has a significant presence. For 84 years, Motorola has worked side-by-side with law enforcement to develop the solutions that support its mission. Since 2007, the foundation has provided over $25M in grants to public safety organizations in the U.S and Canada.
Source: American Red Cross
Top Alexander City Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lee County Association of REALTORS awards over $13,600 to two local charities
- Auburn Police reminding citizens to lock their doors following recent thefts
- Auburn man arrested for allegedly stabbing man in the neck
- Portion of Moores Mill Road to Close to Local Traffic June 17
- Downtown Streets to Close for SummerNight on June 14
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Opelika City Schools
- Nature Made Vitamins Manufacturing Facility opens doors in Opelika
- Mando America announces new expansion in Opelika
- Driver of SUV injured after crashing into Opelika home
- Coroner: 7-year-old Opelika student's cause of death still unknown following autopsy
- National Tae Kwon Do champion from Tallassee
- Authorities kill "nuisance" gator on Rifle Range Road
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallassee City Schools
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallapoosa County schools
- 3 suspects in Tallassee child sex abuse case have first court hearing