The Alabama Municipal Electric Authority Scholarship Program currently accepting applications | News
The Alabama Municipal Electric Authority (AMEA) Scholarship Program offers 2 (per Member city), $2,500 scholarships on behalf of Alexander City, Dothan, Fairhope, LaFayette, Lanett, Luverne, Opelika, Piedmont, Riviera Utilities, Sylacauga and Tuskegee.
Applications are currently available from school counselors in AMEA Member cities. Applications can be filled out online, but must be printed, signed and sent to the AMEA.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must meet all of the following requirements:
- The student’s parents or legal guardian must be a customer of an AMEA Member City electric department.
- The student must attend a college or university within the state of Alabama.
- The student must be a graduating high school senior.
All applications will be judged based on grades, ACT score, financial need, community involvement and work experience.
The top five will then be reviewed, and winners will be selected by an independent panel of Montgomery area college guidance personnel.
Winners and non-winners of the scholarships will be notified by mail in mid-April.
The application deadline is Monday, February 4, 2013. Applications must be postmarked by this date in order to be eligible. Late or incomplete applications will note be considered.
Click here for regular scholarship application.
Click here for technical school scholarship applications.
For more information, please contact Pamela Poole, AMEA Scholarship Program Coordinator, (800) 239-2632, Ext. 110, (334) 387-3504.
Upcoming Events near Alexander City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade