Find a "Year of Alabama Food" pick near you! | Restaurants
The Alabama Department of tourism has deemed 2012 the "Year of Alabama Food" and to celebrate, they've come up with a list of 100 Dishes to Eat in Alabama Before you Die. All of the dishes and restaurants were suggested by "tourism professionals" in Alabama. Check out the list of restaurants close to you, or click the link to see the state-wide list.
Have you eaten any of these dishes? Do you agree? Or should something else be on the list?
Blackened Catfish at Cecil's Public House - 256-329-0732
Catfish Fingers at Circle A Catfish - 256-825-5677
Gumbo at Christopher - 334-705-6632
Top Alexander City Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Driver of SUV injured after crashing into Opelika home
- Coroner: 7-year-old Opelika student's cause of death still unknown following autopsy
- Welcome Home, Miss America event on Thursday, May 16
- AK-47, 18 bags of drugs found at East Alabama high school
- New Tennis Cener to Open Tuesday at 9 a.m. in Opelika
- Fmr. Tallassee Asst. Police Chief convicted on 'numerous' felony ethics violations
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents